You can hire a lawyer at any time after a car accident. We recommend you hire one soon after your accident so you have someone to deal with the insurance issues for you. But a lawyer can help you at any stage of your case.
It is never too soon to get a lawyer to protect your rights. But even if you have put off calling a car accident lawyer, do not hesitate to call. Chances are, we can still help.
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Schedule a free consultation with one click!
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
The insurance company will start investigating your car accident immediately. For that reason, it is important that you have a car accident lawyer on your side. Don’t delay hiring a car accident lawyer. There is critical work to do in the first days and weeks after the car accident. The sooner you have a car accident lawyer, the sooner you can start building your case the right way.
Here is what to expect from insurance companies after a car accident:
- Your insurance company will have forms for you to fill out to claim personal injury protection benefits
- The other insurance company will want to take a recorded statement
- Your health insurance company will deny your medical expenses because they should be covered by your automobile insurance
- The other insurance company may offer you a “low-ball” offer
- The insurance companies will want you to sign medical records authorizations so they can get your entire medical history
- The liability insurance carrier will try to blame you for contributing to the accident
How can a car accident lawyer help?
Experienced car accident lawyers know how insurance companies work. The will make sure you are taken care of at every turn. They will take away the stress of dealing with insurance and billing issues. They will protect your privacy. And they will protect your right to be fairly compensated for your injuries.
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF HIRING A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Check out our personal injury homepage for more information.